- Students are expected to attend all classes they are enrolled in. If changes need to be made to enrollment or for cancellation, the studio must be notified in writing with the class change/cancellation form no later than the 1st of the month or their account will be charged their regular full monthly tuition amount.
- ABA allows make up classes (within 30 days) for students who miss class due to injuries or illness only with a doctor’s note. ABA will not provide or permit make-up classes for a student’s personal schedule nor provide any credits or refunds for missed classes.
- Makeup classes must be scheduled at the front desk prior to attending.
- Makeup classes must be taken at the student’s class level or below.
- Makeup classes must be used within 30 days of a missed class or they will be forfeited.
- Academy of Ballet Arts will not adjust monthly tuition payments to allow for makeup classes. Students must be currently enrolled to attend makeup classes. Makeup classes are to be taken in addition to their regularly scheduled classes ONLY. Dancers must be enrolled in the same amount of classes in the month missed in order to make-up the classes. Dancers cannot drop classes and use make-ups to take the dropped classes.
- Unlimited Tuition Policy: students enrolled in unlimited tuition will not be allowed makeup classes or credits for classes missed.
- The ONLY exception to our makeup policy will be extended illness or injury with a doctor’s note.
Class Arrival/Pick Up
Students are expected to arrive on time for all classes.
Students that arrive later than 10 minutes after a class begins will be asked to observe class that day. This is a safety concern as students must attend the beginning of class in order to be properly warmed up.
Students MUST be picked up on time after their class, rehearsal, or private is scheduled to be completed.
***If a parent is more than 15 minutes late, you will be charged $1.00 per minute for the teacher or front desk person to stay and supervise your child. This charge will be added to your following month’s tuition.
Parents will be allowed to observe class through the observation windows only at the discretion of the teacher.
Parents are not to distract students through the window during their class.
Please refrain from photos or videos through the observation window during classes or rehearsals if it is causing a distraction to the dancers.
Ballet Class Colors
• Pre-Ballet and Advanced Pre-Ballet: Light pink leotard (light pink skirt optional)
• Primary Ballet: Lavender leotard (light pink or lavender skirt optional)
• Level 1B/1A: Light blue leotard
• Level 2B/2A: Royal blue leotard
• Level 3: Teal leotard
• Level 4: Dark purple leotard
• Level 5/6: Black leotard
• Men: Black tights, white fitted t-shirt, black ballet shoes
Ballet Classes: Students are required to wear their assigned dress code color leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes or pointe shoes, and hair in a ballet bun. Students not following the dress code will be asked to observe class that day.
Contemporary, Conditioning: (Teacher discretion) Any color/style leotard may be worn or tank top/t-shirt, jazz pants or leggings, shorts. Jazz shoes, tap shoes, ballet shoes, or bare feet are acceptable depending on class and teacher discretion.
- $35 registration fee ($50 family rate) is due upon enrollment. A $30 returning student registration fee ($45 family rate) is due at the start of each new season or upon re-enrollment if classes are dropped for more than 60 days.
- Dancers wishing to participate in our annual performances will be required to pay a performance fee.
- Auditions for Jr. Company and performances will require an audition fee.
Academy of Ballet Arts is a vendor for Sage Oak, River Springs, Sky Mountain, Epic, and Inspire charter schools. Students that attend these schools and wish to use funds to pay for classes must submit a purchase order or enrichment certificate through the school which Academy of Ballet Arts will later bill for.
ALL charter school students will be required to have a card on file with ABA. If we have not received a PO or certificate for the month by the 10th, your card will be charged the full tuition amount. If the PO/certificate is then received after this date, ABA will still bill the charter school and the funds can be applied as a credit on your account for future use. If the PO or certificate we receive does not cover the full amount due on your account, we will charge your card on file for the balance due by the 10th of the month.
Enrollment in autopay is required for ALL dancers and will be billed on the 1st of each month. For parents who choose to pay cash or check, please be sure to pay prior to the 1st of the month to avoid having your card on file charged. If tuition is paid via charter school funds, enrollment in autopay is still required, but will only be charged in the event that a PO or certificate is not received by the 10th of the month or does not cover the full balance due. Please see the more info below under “Charter Schools.”. A $25 late fee will be charged if tuition is not received by the 5th of the month, in the event that the card on file doesn’t go through on the 1st. It is each parent’s responsibility to ensure that the card on file stays updated. If tuition has not been received by the 10th of the month, the student will not be allowed to participate in classes, privates, or rehearsals until the balance is brought up to date.
Tuition is due by the 5th of each month regardless of the student’s attendance. If a student does not attend class on or before the tuition due date, tuition can be paid over the phone by calling 951-216-1853 during our regular office hours or through the Parent Portal: www.dancestudio-pro.com/online/academyofballetarts.
$35 registration fee ($50 family rate) is due upon enrollment. A $30 returning student registration fee ($45 family rate) is due at the start of each new season or upon re-enrollment if classes are dropped for more than 60 days. Tuition for the first month of classes enrolled in is due upon enrollment along with the registration fee. Tuition for the first month will be pro-rated if starting partway through the month. Spaces in a class cannot be held for future enrollment.
Monthly tuition is based on the average 4-week month. Some months in the year have 5 weeks and some have 3 due to holidays and studio closures, so no credit, prorating, or refunds will be given for holidays or studio closures.
No credit or refunds will be given for vacation, illness, or withdrawal. Tuition is non-refundable and not prorated for partial attendance, including summer intensive programs.
Check payments: Returned checks will have a $35 fee applied. If a second check is returned by the bank during the season then an alternate form of payment such as cash or card will be required for the next 6 months. Checks will not be accepted during this time. If ABA is asked to hold a check beyond the due date of the payment then a $25 late fee will apply.